Waking up in the morning to read the newspaper, listen to hourly radio or television news, nah the time is up for that. No more printed newspaper, no more TV and radio for news. No more going out to gossip with friends, no more socialising by going relatives home, no more seminar to learn about technology!
Social media, one kind of media to make people more social, no? well, in my opinion it is. Lets discuss and learn what we have right now and what we should know about them. What if you ask me to tell about myself I will give you my website address where you will find several social media sites link to know about me. Is it unsocial? I don’t think so, because there you will find more about me what probably, I can’t express to you face to face.
Twitter, Facebook, Ning, Tagged, Vkontakte, Hi5, and so on are some online social media sites that lets you connect with your mates, colleagues, friends, families, relatives and beloved. How much do we know about them?Do we use them? Should we use them? What are the benefits? A lots of questions will rise. In short, you should know some of them to keep pace with the technology, new culture and trend.
Twitter: A micro blogging site where you will be able to update your status, share some knowledge and links within 140 characters. 140 characters are enough to express the emotion or something isn’t it? well, for the limitation in twitter normally people use the shorter version of word spelling. Something that will get you helpful while using twitter:
- Hashtag:hashtag ‘#’ is used before a wrod. It is being used to specify a group who have same interest with the hashtaged word. So some examples of hashtag words are #fail, #iesucks, #iwantthis and so on!
- List:Its a module where a user can create a list and can include twitter-er whoever they want.
- Mention:To mention somebody, anyone can use ‘@’ sign before their twitter user name.
- Re-tweet:Now a days twitter added a new function where one can easily re-tweet others tweet by clicking retweet what appears under every tweet. Another way of re-tweeting is adding ‘RT’ and mentioning the user.
- Direct Message:There is another option to message a user directly by going direct messaging page of twitter. Other way of Direct messaging is adding ‘DM’ and mention a user.